This is a beta version of software, it has not been fully tested yet.
Added "Charity voucher" check box to the Prompt Options to support special RVM
versions that can print charity donation vouchers.
Fixed bug introduced in ver 1.2.2: in Manual Mode when prompting the user for a table name when sending a table to an RVM, the following error message would display:
A new ppcUpdater.exe (1.0.3) is installed along with this software version
when updating WinRVM remotely.
If upgrading from a version older than 1.2.2 via a PC/laptop you should also follow the documentation update steps below to upgrade ppcUpdater.exe.
To upgrade from an older version of Pocket WinRVM, you have three choices:
a) Remote update (for sites running in
Use SiteZipCopier to copy PocketWinRVM123Upgrade.zip to the corresponding site ID zip filenames and FTP to the "tosite" folder. The next time each site calls in they will download the zip file and install the new version. For sites with modems, you can also use MUSTATUS (or call the site once and hang up) to force an immediate call-back.
b) WinRVM can manually update itself via the internet.
If the pocket PC has internet access run pocket WinRVM and select "Host | Check for WinRVM program update" and choose "yes" to install the new version. This will also download the latest WinRVM documentation. After the update is complete, verify the correct version of WinRVM was loaded.
Note: if WinRVM says you must perform a full install, follow step c). This version will not be available this way until beta testing is complete.
c) Load the software from a PC/laptop.
- Press and release the reset button on the back (or bottom) of the Pocket PC with the stylus.
- Turn on the Pocket PC and plug it into the PC's USB port using either the docking cradle or the USB/RS232 "Y" adapter cable.
- A "New Partnership" window should display on the PC within a few seconds. Ignore this window - just leave it open.
- Download then run PocketWinRVM123_setup.exe (1.2MB) on your PC which will install Pocket WinRVM on the pocket PC.
If the pocket PC displays "The program you have installed may not display properly because it was designed for a previous version of Windows Mobile software" simply ignore this warning, WinRVM will run fine.
- When asked to "install Pocket WinRVM in the default directory", select YES.
- The pocket pc should display "Envipco Pocket WinRVM is already installed. Re-install? Tap "OK".
- If the pocket pc asks "would you like to replace the existing file ...", tap "Yes to all".
To update the WinRVM documentation (and
ppcUPdater.exe) on the pocket
If the pocket PC has internet access:
- Run pocket WinRVM and select "Host | Check for WinRVM documentation update".
- Run the desktop (PC) version of WinRVM and select "Host | Check for WinRVM documentation update" (requires internet access).
- Run "Update WinRVM docs.bat" from "c:\pocket pc setup files" (or wherever you previously unzipped BatchFiles.zip to).
Or you can manually copy ppcUpdater.exe to \Program Files\WinRVM\WinRVM_docs\ using ActiveSync.
To setup a new pocket PC or to restore a pocket pc whose memory got erased due to the battery completely discharging:
Download the appropriate backup file below for your iPAQ model (click here to determine which model you have), then follow the instructions "How to restore a pocket pc from a backup" in the "Pocket PC install info document.
|iPAQ 2215: Download a backup file from a previous versions of pocket WinRVM, follow the instructions "How to restore a pocket pc from a backup" in the "Pocket PC install info document, then follow the upgrade instructions above.|
|iPAQ 2110: Download a backup file from a previous versions of pocket WinRVM, follow the instructions "How to restore a pocket pc from a backup" in the "Pocket PC install info document, then follow the upgrade instructions above.|
[ other versions of pocket WinRVM ]