setting up a pocket PC for the first time, follow the steps in the installation
info document instead!
To upgrade from an older version of Pocket WinRVM, you have two
a) Run pocket WinRVM and select "Host | Check for WinRVM
program update" [pocket PC must have internet access] and choose "yes" to install the new version.
This will also download the latest WinRVM documentation. After the update is
complete run pocket WinRVM, tap "Help | About" to verify the correct
version of WinRVM was loaded.
Note: if WinRVM says you must perform a full install, follow choice b.
- Press and release the reset button on the back (or bottom) of the Pocket PC with the
- Turn on the Pocket PC and plug it into the PC's USB port using either the
docking cradle or the USB/RS232 "Y" adapter cable.
- A "New Partnership" window should display on the PC within a few
seconds. Ignore this window - just leave it open.
- Download the latest version (see
version history) to your PC and run the setup
program on the PC (not the pocket PC!).
- When asked to "install Pocket WinRVM in the default directory", select
- The pocket pc should display "Envipco Pocket WinRVM is already installed.
Re-install? Tap "OK".
- If the pocket pc asks "would you like to replace the existing file
...", tap "Yes to all".
How to print the documentation:
Open each of the above documentation files in a separate window (right-click
each link and select "open in new window") then click "File |
Print" from each newly created window.